Sunday, March 24, 2013

The 100lbs club

Sooo... I am part of a weight loss group at work and we are at week 7 of our 16 week project, and this week out little group of 15 hit the 100 lbs total lost, which I think is AMAZING! I am so proud of our little group and always want to encourage because if I am helping someone it makes me take my own advice! (on a side note 16.6 lbs of that loss is mine! Yay!) So I decided to make us all little tags to be put in a place to keep us in-line, for me its on my fridge! So I'll tell you my basic process!

Some of the tags I coated with white Gesso and others I left plain, the tags started out yellow so I thought it would work nice for some of the browns and it did!

For the back grounds I used color combos, on some I used Dylusions Ink spray in Crushed Grape and Dylusions Ink spray in Squeezed Orange on others I used Plain Jane from Tattered Angels in Clay with the Dylusions Ink Spray in Squeezed Orange I sprayed the combinations onto wax paper, shiny side up, then sprinkled a little Perfect Pearls into the ink, I used Silver in the Purple blend and Gold into the Clay.

I then took the tags and dragged them through the inks, I let some dry flat and others dry on end leaning on different items at different angles to get the bleed of ink down the tag, I than took my heat gun and went over each tag, the Perfect Pearls does come off in handling a little bit but not enough that I would use this process again, it could be sealed but I did not since they weren't going into books, and I didn't have any spray sealant and painting it on would smear some of the sprays.

I then went into my stamps and stencils and went to town.

I used Faber Castell big brush markers to add touches of colors to some of the stamps, where you see white I used my favorite white marker right now which is the Sakura Pen-Touch Fine Point 1.0 Quick Dry White Ink.

On some to add a pop I went into my embossing powders and added some metallic to some of the lettering and a couple little touches.

I used some craft tape from my stash on one of them and some bits I printed out from my computer on another, I went in and doodles with my Faber Castell 'S' tip in black on a few also.

I than went into my stash and found some purple ribbon and a little twine and tied  them onto the tags.

I think I covered everything, If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll let you know the answer!

Hugs and Mushy stuff!













No comments: