Thursday, April 16, 2015

Watercolors Wild Hair Girl

Hello My Lovelies!

I am on a blogging roll today! I had been automatically posting new videos here to get me reminded to add some words later, well, I am finally doing it! This is another entry to do with my Color a girl series!

I love the freedom of watercolor, watercolor is the medium I go to when I feel that I am starting to get to controlling or I am getting frustrated with the exactness of pencil or pen.

With watercolor you never know exactly how the color will lay down, sure you can get it to be controlled, but why work so hard at it! I love to lay down color on the paper and see what it wants to do, with the way the pigment decides where it wants to go and usually it is perfectly imperfect.

It makes me change the way I think in my creative process by planning (or trying to plan) my highlights before my shadows because it is near impossible to get back to pure white after adding color.

When I was asked to show how I added color to faces I was excited about the watercolor, I love the unruliness of the pigment and how I can never get the eyes to be exactly even, and hair is never an even shade of color and the mouth is usually a little wonky, but I always love how they turn out.



The video of the Wild hair girl was created for an art swap with a friend and and she evolved into my Organic Crown girl, I even uploaded the final piece to my Society6 store where Tank tops are a favorite of my followers.













I hope you enjoy the process and let me know if you have any questions!!




Big Hugs and Mushy Stuff!

-Shana (a.k.a. wisccheeto)





No comments: