Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Art Journal Entry May 18th 2014

On Sunday I decided I would get out my pencils and practice with just pencils, that was the thought anyway! 
I go out my Art journal and decided I would just sketch a pretty girl, 


But look at her! 


Her big eyes and those little lips!


Her eyes NEED to be green 

and 

Her lips WANT to look like little rosebuds





So out come my paints, totally leaving my idea of practicing with pencil in the dust, 

Adding the color in her face and framing it with turquoise hair really made her come to life!


I used a mix of craft paint brands for her face features



and used the Ranger Distress Ink Dabbers for her hair, shirt and background.


For the black, I used a fine tip Montana Acrylic paint pen (I love it).



I did a glaze of white paint over all but her face to soften the colors making her face pop more.


I continue adding shadow and highlight using a combination of Faber-Castell Pitt pens, a white Montana Acrylic pen and more craft paints.

I decided she needed some flowers, so I cut up some pages from a dollar store book and placed them to frame her face, I made them in a contrasting to bring out the turquoise of her hair and face.

I used the Faber-Castell Pitt pens to add rough shadow around them as well!




To finish up the piece I continue to use the same tools to add little whimsy vines with flowers, more highlights and shadows. 





At the very end I add touches of Lumiere Metallic acrylic paint to her eyes, hair and the flowers.







 I hope you enjoyed my little summary of my art Journal entry from May 18th, if you would like to watch the full process here is the link to the video on my YouTube channel!



Big Hugs and Mushy Stuff!

-Shana (aka wisccheeto)

No comments: